Birding Season on the Chobe
The Chobe River is one of the most bird abundant regions in the summer season. Home to over 450 species, it is perfect for the keen birder and wildlife photographer.
Along with an array of bird species, you will have plenty opportunities to photograph big mammals such as the Chobe elephants.
This year, birding season will be hosted on board the Pangolin Voyager Houseboat that will be tailed by two photo boats and guides who will be able to take you to the more intimate birding regions.
Rate From: $195 pps
Duration : Any number of days
Group size : Max 8
Dates: from December 1st to March 24th 2017
Plan your itinerary as you go – it is all up to you. The tender boats and knowledgeable guides are available at your disposal and if you are hoping to see and photograph a specific species, the guides will do their best to make that happen.
Birding Season Nightly Rates
The nightly rate of $390 per room (sleeps 2 in a double or twin bed configuration) and is inclusive of all meals, drinks and birding activities onboard The Pangolin Voyager for the duration of your stay with us. Single occupancy will be charged at $295 per room per night.
Please note: Birding Season rates are not available from Christmas to New Year (23rd December 2015 to January 4th 2016). Normal rates apply over then.
Special rates for birding clubs and associations are available upon request.
Nightly Rates Includes:
- Accommodation onboard The Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
- All meals and soft drinks, local beers, wines and spirits
- Daily birding & photography activities (please enquire about a photographic host, tuition and equipment)
- Walks on Impalila Island
- Cultural visits to local communities
- Airport and river transfers from Kasane to The Pangolin Voyager
- Travel to and from Kasane, laundry, visa fees (if applicable and ensure you meet the relevant Visa requirements as you will be crossing over to the Namibian side from Botswana), gratuities, items of a personal nature